I made this box for a friend and filled it up with homemade jam that I bought out at Strathnairn. The top features another eco print from my collection. The button I bought from the Cotswold Woolen Weavers when we were over in the UK earlier this year. It is a lovely button made of real horn by the last traditional horn button company in England.
The challenge this year was to create a 'Stack of Books' using five different methods of binding. This was a fun challenge which saw many participants produce more than one of each type of binding. I settled for one of each secured with an old belt reminiscent of days when books where carried with leather straps.
All of my books used the eco prints I had printed earlier in the year. I thought that this made them look like more of a set.
First up was Oriental Stab Binding which I approached in the traditional way. Very satisfying.
Next, the pamphlet binding. Mine was certainly very basic compared to others, but did fit the criteria.
Then came the exposed sewing binding. I rather like sewing coptic bindings so....
Next the sculptural book. I thought that my tunnel book fit the criteria perfectly.
and to finish up, a case binding.
I have just finished in time for the post! Another postcard winging it's way to New Zealand. My contributions to this postcard swap seem to have been mostly illuminations. This time the theme was Journeys. Although we had just been on a trip to the United Kingdom and Ireland, I got caught up in thoughts of personal journeys compared to traveling journeys and didn't make any progress for ages. I finally went with personal journeys.
Inspirational People, Places & Blogs I follow